We need all NAHRO members to call Congress today, Tuesday, November 18, to ask lawmakers to push for an FY 2015 full-year omnibus spending package that funds the Transportation, Housing and Urban Development (T-HUD) spending bill at Senate levels.
To participate, visit NAHRO’s Advocacy Action Center for step-by-step instructions on how to contact your member of Congress and talking points.
Or, follow these simple directions:
- To find your Representative’s number, go to www.house.gov.
- To find your Senators’ numbers, go to www.senate.gov.
- Ask to speak to the Legislative Assistant who handles appropriations.
- Identify yourself, your organization, and your location.
- Let him/her know that your organization depends on the certainty of full-year funding and that the House’s FY 2015 T-HUD bill does not provide adequate funding for programs upon which your community relies. Ask that your legislator to push for an omnibus spending package that funds T-HUD at Senate levels.
- Thank the staff person for their consideration and time.
Once you’ve called your three legislators, email Tess Hembree (email@example.com) to let her know how your conversations went.
Don’t forget – tomorrow is the omnibus write-in day. Visit the NAHRO’s Advocacy Action Center to send pre-drafted letters to your members of Congress.
Thank you so much for your participation. Without your support for an omnibus that includes T-HUD, it’s possible that FY 2015 may be funded entirely by continuing resolution.